Tuesday 19 August 2008

My bad...has it been a month?!

Ok ok ok - my excuse is that this blog is shite and wouldn't let me upload and I got frustrated and partied my way through end of July early August.

To cut to the chase, we tore up Barbados:














It was hot as shite...I can't remember heat like that...I was so grateful for the sea and breeze. That's the beauty of the Caribbean - breeze.

So parties and celebs a ton - Machel Montano was in town with Lil Jon, Pitbull, Patrice Roberts, Nappy etc...they even filmed a video to which I got exclusive access:






Then Grenada...what can I say about Grenada? Jab Jab Jouvert morning made 4 day morning look like Glastonbury Festival...so much culture and significane in St. George's that morning. Big shout and thanks to Reid van Renesse for taking awesome photos and driving me about the windy roads of St. George's. It was unforgettable:
























Leeds Carnival this weekend. Oh yeah Notting Hill too...be good and play hard.


One love,

Alex Jordan


3 comments:

Dj Baccha said...

Caribana was so so, a little bit too much arrogent americans for us.
Ill try carnival in UK one time and labour day but after that i going to carnivals in the caribbean instead. Ppl now whats its all about there...

and germany ofcourse....
was rotterdam nice?

Iain McGuinness said...

You have no idea how gutted I am to be missing both Leeds and Notting Hill carnivals...due to moving flat! Maybe the iPlayer will ease my pain...

Karen L Richardson said...

Alex...didn't evern realize you've been blogging. Makes perfect sense. I think between the two of us Carnivals are no long safe. I think I got to a good many of the ones you missed. Hopefully next year we can flip the script! Keep it up!