Tuesday 15 July 2008

Still in Spain?!

Friends, foe, those not bothered either way,





It turns out that my secret mission in Spain keeps me here longer than I had anticipated and if I eat one more piece of bread or any more "arroz" (rice) I will explode!






I haven't been liming with just anybody in Spain friends. No. I've been kicking it with the likes of Fernando Torres on winning Euro (above) and Spanish film director Almodovar's muse Rossy De Palma (left)...you know - sitting by the pool and chillin...we have the Spanish celebrity on lock friends! They are getting to know Soca.


Well it hasn't been all liming. I have been working on all fronts including dressing up like Mother Sally to dance the traditional dance of Barbados involving A Tuk Band and many characters - this is me as "Mother Sally":












The Trinidad Steel Band "All Stars" as well as Anigua's "3 Cylinders" including Onyan from "Burning Flames" have also been here in Spain - look out for Burning Flames in London in November.
Back to London tomorrow as the Soca Season heats up and we count down to Carnival in Rotterdam, Barbados, Grenada, Leeds, London and more!
Alex J
x

3 comments:

Walker said...

I ran with the bulls in Pamplona in 95....But I ran with the Trini's @ 6 flags New Jersey on july 12th 2008....Machel and me,12.000 + people maddness....who do I need to speak to to mash up England....stay safe have fun....walker

TheJorda said...

Can imagine the Six Flags vibes. Can't wait to see Machel in Barbados...
Walker I have people to link you with - European scene is big.
Germany - get to Berlin Carnival next year.
x

Walker said...

Would love to do it...wish I could do Never too late with Alison @ Nottinghill....link me with someone who could mange europe...I intend to come back with a bunch of new music...all my links are in Rock and i am feeling Soca again.....I am German, so i would love to play ther again....If you have any suggestions tell them to E-mail me @ walker@brotherhoodofthegrape.com take care...walker